Saturday, February 2, 2013

How many cards does one need?

So this is where I am beginning - with a 2011 calendar of CARDS. 


I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this.  It was probably in January 2011 - that's when I quit work to become a stay-at-home mom and probably thought I would have oodles of time to do this kind of stuff.   (Ha!  I was pregnant and had 2 kids at the time - little did I know).  Plus, I like having a semi-homemade card to give someone.  And the box says "More than 100 seasonal & holiday original cards".  Little did I know that the cards are all miniature cards - really why did I think I would be able to make full-size cards from a calendar that fits in a box that is 7"x6"x1.5"?  Oh, well, everybody I know should be expecting really small envelopes in the mail this coming year.  

The verdict?  They are kind of fun to make, really easy - especially when you use gluedots - goes so much faster. and I think they will be fun to put in my daughter's lunch or for her to pass out to her friends for birthday parties.  Wish I had done them earlier, because several of the paper accents to include on the cards actually had the year 2011 on them, so I had to discard them. 
My little helper with the calendar box.
See the stack to do - that's with about half done. 
Done!!!  Complete with envelopes made - and using some glassine envelopes - left over from our wedding (10.5 years ago!!!!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment