Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Knitted Blanket

It takes quite awhile to knit a blanket.  This one - well, I've had the yarn for a few years.  I bought the pattern back when Lion Brand used to sell their patterns - now I believe all their patterns are free, even this one.  I think I started last fall.  I thought this may be a *quick* way to pare down some of the yarn (quick is kind of a joke).  It uses 24 balls of yarn - 135 yards each and the colors are gorgeous!  (That is 3240 yards of yarn to knit and crochet.  Yikes!)   Panel by panel it got completed. 
Here's one completed panel, folded up, and a pile of yarn taking up precious space on our foosball table.  I kind of feel like my Mom.  We had a ping pong table in our basement for as long as I can remember.  And when we were kids, it was used.  My brother and I would try to hit ping pong balls at each other as hard as we can, hoping to smack our opponent.  But, as we grew older and used it less frequently and especially, after we left, well, the ping pong table disappeared - under piles of stuff.  My husband often joked to my Mom that he had always wanted to play a game of ping pong but was unable to - and this went on  - for at least 10 years.  She finally cleaned it up and it was pretty clean the last time we went home.  Once a surface gets something on it, it just seems like a slippery soap before the entire surface is covered!!

Well, our foosball table is a better sight right now.  And all those skeins of yarn turned into this beauty.  So excuse the lack of blog entries lately but this craft was certainly worth it.  Warm, fuzzy and so colorful.  I love it. 
 And the kiddos like to cuddle up with it in front of the tv... or just lay on it.


Projects finished:  6
Projects given away: 2+
Weeks:  about 9

I think I have some catching up to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment